Sleeping Town Bot Policy
Bot accounts are welcmoe, provided they follow these rules:
- All Markov bots or other generative bots that may output nonsense must always post unlisted, or with a CW.
- If a bot will post public posts, it must not post any more frequently than once an hour and must be clearly marked as a bot in its display name.
- Bots must never mention other users unless the mentioned user has initiated it. For such user-initiated posts, any rate limits may be ignored.
- The bot's operator must be included in its description or a pinned post.
- Top-level unlisted or followers-only posts must not be made any more frequently than every 15 minutes.
- Exception: Now-playing or scrobble bots may post as frequently as once a minute.
- If a bot incorporates data from posts made by another user that are not directed at the bot, the bot must be following that user.
- Bots must follow the same rules as normal users, with regards to acceptable content, harassment, etc.
- Generative bots must be monitored by their operator.
Failure to follow these rules may result in the bot being suspended. A bot's operator is responsible for all content posted by it.
Open source bots are encouraged, and should have a link to their source code in their description or a pinned post.
Other instances are free to adopt this policy, either by incorporating it into their /about/more page or by linking to this page from it.