react-instantsearch 2.0.0-beta.18 release notes
In our way to reduce the API surface of
react-instantsearch and allow for good additions in the future instead
of many broken API options, we did remove more things.
As always, feel free to open a new GitHub issue to talk about your use cases.
Have a look at our roadmap for future changes.
connectCurrentRefinements new API
The connectCurrentRefinements API have changed to provide more power to users in term of customization. Read the documentation
We removed the
sortBy option from widgets and tried to provide a default sort that would work in most cases.
If you have a good use case for
sortBy, please open a GitHub issue.
Now to synchronise the state of react-instantsearch with the URL, have a look at our guide
- ClearAll: always display clearAll button, disabled when no filter (#1545) (4588ecc), closes #1530
- connectors: remove itemComponent from hits connectors (#1557) (0a4394a), closes #1554
- history: remove our mode when we handle history object from the history lib (#1540) (ed2ae84)
- guides: add a guide explaining how to use react-router with ris (#1527) (a947404)
- api: add data to CurrentRefinements connector (#1550) (a9dd0a5)
- InfiniteHits: add an infinite hits widgets with load more (#1483) (b446cb2), closes #1344
- sortBy: implement default sortBy, remove option (#1549) (d78f0c0), closes #1529
- api: connectCurrentRefinements forwarded props have changed to provide more power and align with other connectors, read the documentation to get the new structure
- sortBy: sortBy option does not exists anymore. Please use a connector or open a new issue with your usecase for it.
- history: - There's no more built in URL synchronisation
- We now provide the semantics and examples to handle URL sychronisation on your side, giving you full power and understanding. Read how to do it here: https://community.algolia.com/wordpress/installation.html
- guides: urlSync/Thresold should not be use anymore. If the url synchronisation is needed please follow the url-routing section of the advanced topics guide.