- Install Mavericks
- Upgrade Xcode via App Store
- Launch Xcode to accept terms and auto install components
- Run the following commands
$ xcode-select --install # install command line tools if you have not already
$ brew update
Note: If brew fails (either in the boxen step or in the brew one) it is most likely due to uncommitted changes in your brew folder. Do the following then run the command (that failed) again.
$ cd /opt/boxen/homebrew
$ git add .
$ git stash
If you need what was not committed you can just pop your stash!
Dev env tests
$ cd ~/src/snowflake $ bundle; brake db:migrate db:test:prepare $ brake # Some errors. Basically it now expects a space text like "Name* Can't be blank" instead # of "Name*Can't be blank" $ foreman start
$ cd ~/src/icisstaff $ bundle; brake db:migrate db:test:prepare $ foreman start
$ cd ~/src/icispatients $ bundle; brake db:migrate db:test:prepare $ brake # konacha timed out on some test on first run; second run - no errors $ foreman start
Use the system
$ open http://icispatients.dev
- redirected to snowflake.dev
- logged in and redirected back to icispatients.dev
- pulled in correct data from icisstaff.dev
- able to create an appointment