- original ranking, featured on PC Gamer, based on data downloaded prior to the Steam summer sales.
- updated ranking, using data from June 30, a week after the Steam summer sales have started.
- updated ranking with tag filtering-out, filtering out a few tags (VR, Anime, Visual Novel, and Free To Play),
- updated ranking with tag filtering-in, constraining the ranking for the Rogue-like/lite genre (filtering in, so to say).
- updated ranking with tag filtering-out and 80% confidence Wilson score, filtering out tags (VR, Anime, Visual Novel, F2P).
- ranking of card games, filtering out F2P, Early Access, etc.
- alternative updated ranking with tag filtering-in, intended to favor hidden gems among "hidden gems", so hidden² gems.
Bug fix regarding ranking based on playtime
Initially, I presented on this Gist page a ranking using playtime as popularity measure. However, as I have kept working on the code, I have found out this ranking likely suffered from a bug. The bug, which is now fixed, resulted in a ranking very similar to the ranking using players total as popularity measure. Thankfully, the ranking featured in the PC Gamer article is bug-free since it relies on players total as a popularity measure.