I use DigitalOcean, create a Droplet, verify the build and destroy it afterwards. You can do this on macOS or Linux as well. Use "brew" to install on macOS.
- Create a Droplet on DigitalOcean
- Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, x64, more RAM = faster build
- Install Docker, ..
$ wget https://github.com/docker/machine/releases/download/v0.14.0/docker-machine-$(uname -s)-$(uname -m)
$ mv docker-machine-Linux-x86_64 docker-machine
$ chmod +x docker-machine
$ sudo mv docker-machine /usr/local/bin
$ docker-machine version
apt install docker docker.io makeOutput, similar to "docker-machine version 0.14.0, build 89b8332"
- Follow Coldcard's instruction
- See https://github.com/Coldcard/firmware#reproducible-builds
$ git clone https://github.com/Coldcard/firmware.git
$ cd firmware/stm32
$ make repro
- enough time for some push-ups, squats, .. and/or to follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/xavierfiechter
- You should see the "SUCCESS .." message now.
Here is a video of the process described, 2021-09-02, Coldcard v4.1.3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX_iSYN9RjQ
More builds can be found on my YouTube Channel and on https://bitcoinbinary.org/.