The data source is the ILINet Program, which is a national outpatient influenza illness surveillance program. The data are accumulated by Healthcare providers (ILINet Providers) that participate in the program report information on patient visits for influenza-like illness (ILI) to the Influenza-like Illness Surveillance Network (ILINet). The data is available in FluView Interactive.
In this table, each row represent a sum of illness patient and providers for a state at a given week of a year.
The interesting fields are:
- Region: name of States is Categorical
- Year, Week are quantitative
- ILI Total: number of Flu patients is quantitative
- Number of HCP (Health Care Provider) is quantitative
- Total Patients is quantitative
Some useful questions for the future analysis are:
- Q1: When and where is the highest illness (flu) ratio state wise from 2015-2019 by week or month, year?
- Q2: Which State has the most illness patient, or ratio?
- Q3: What are the patient to health care professional (HCP) ratio across the states?