Request for data collection review form
All questions are mandatory. You must receive review from a data steward peer on your responses to these questions before shipping new data collection.
- What questions will you answer with this data?
What accessibility services interact with our android products? What accessibility features and capabilities do we need to prioritize support for, primarily for GeckoView (but also fennec since we already have accessibility support there)?
- Why does Mozilla need to answer these questions? Are there benefits for users? Do we need this information to address product or business requirements?
Prioritize GeckoView accessibility support work
Make our android products accessible to users with disabilities, while doing it the informed way
Accessibility is often a legal requirement, depending on the market
- What alternative methods did you consider to answer these questions? Why were they not sufficient?
We have not been gathering this information prior, except for fennec and only the general information about our platform accessibility service being used. This will enable us to be more granular about what features are used.
- Can current instrumentation answer these questions?
Yes this can be added as part of the core ping. Accessibility tools are generally persistant on user devices so timing of when this information is gathered should not matter as much. We will only record this information if there are any accessibility services enabled at the time of the ping being built.
- List all proposed measurements and indicate the category of data collection for each measurement, using the Firefox data collection categories on the Mozilla wiki.
Note that the data steward reviewing your request will characterize your data collection based on the highest (and most sensitive) category.
|List of ids of accessibility services that are enabled at the time of the core ping.
|Category 1 “Technical data”, 3rd-party software that interacts with our product during usage||[Bug 1449212](https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1449212)|
- How long will this data be collected?
I want to permanently monitor this data. (Yura Zenevich)
- What populations will you measure?
- Which release channels?
- Which countries?
- Which locales?
- If this data collection is default on, what is the opt-out mechanism for users?
This is part of the core ping, so the same as any other data being collected as part of it.
- Please provide a general description of how you will analyze this data.
Dashboard that would track accessibility services that interact with different android products (fennec, klar, focus), split by unique service id and total number of users.
- Where do you intend to share the results of your analysis?
Internally within Mozilla org.