We're back with another stable release, including some new features and plenty of bug fixes.
This release adds Android 10-like "Side Screen" gestures. You can enable each one and set the dimensions of each one independently. Currently, the available gestures are "Swipe In" and "Swipe In and Hold". You can also set the color of the detection areas from Appearance. Enable them right from the main screen of the app. (Please note that Samsung devices with curved displays have reduced sensitivity on the edge of the screen. If you want to use the side gestures on one of these devices, increase the width to at least 12dp.)
Battery usage should be significantly reduced in this release. If you set your accessibility delay to a high value, you should be able to set it lower without much issue.
We've also reorganized the settings a little bit. The Gestures and Appearance menus are split into Pill and Side sections. In the future, we'll be completely redesigning the settings to be more intuitive.
On top of that, we've also got the following:
- Improve pill hiding/fading reliability
- Improve animations when adding/removing pill/blackout/sides to/from screen
- Make sure navigation blackout doesn't show on the lock screen when "Overlay NavBar" is enabled
- Rename "Don't Show on App Permissions Page" to "Don't Show when Granting Permissions"
- When "Don't Show when Granting Permissions" is activated, the pill will also hide on the Media Projection confirmation dialog
- Enabling "Overlay NavBar" will disable "Hide Navigation Bar" and vice-versa
- Fix crashes
- Update dependencies
As always, if you run into problems, opening a new ticket at https://support.xda-developers.com is the best way to get in contact. Make sure to include a description of the issue, the model of your device, the exact version of Navigation Gestures you're using, and the version of Android you're running.