Jigidi Helper (Experimental)
Replaces the image of a jigsaw puzzle with a predictable, (theoretically) easier-to-solve design.
How to use
- Begin a Jigidi puzzle.
- Run the code in your browser debug console.
- Restart the puzzle by pressing the Restart button in the Jigidi sidebar.
- The puzzle will be replaced with a predictable patterned one.
How does this help?
The predictable pattern has a number of features that make it easier to solve that most other jigsaws:
- Each piece has two numbers printed on it: the first is the row in which it belongs, the second is the column, making it possible to identify the exact location that a given piece belongs in.
- Each column is a different colour, streamlining presorting.
- Rows within a column alternate between lighter and darker variants ("striping").
- Stripes of alternating thickness and a cycle of colours form long horizonal and vertical bands across the image, streamlining identification.
- No information is sent back to the server to indicate that the puzzle has been tampered with.