For the ESWC2017 workshop on Enabling Decentralised Scholarly Communication, I'm proposing a discussion session on with the following topic: How to best mark up scholarly articles and webpages that we publish ourselves, in order to result in maximally useful data? I aim to discuss questions such as those I presented at LDOW2017, which include the following:
- How do we prioritize what to publish as RDF?
- What data belongs in a FOAF profile, and what data on a webpage?
- What ontologies should we use?
- Should we describe the same concepts using multiple ontologies?
- Should we reuse identifiers, mint our own, or both?
- Should we publish data in named RDF graphs?
The proposed outcome would be (a way to) a guidance document for self-publishers of scholarly metadata.