Offensive Cyber Operation against Albania networks by Iran
- An offensive cyber operation against Albania government & medias networks occured the 15th July weekend.
- Quickly the AKSHI announced they were forced to disconnect public services & government websites from Internet.
- Mandiant cyber security company in a blog post attributed the activity to LIKELY an iranian threat actor.
- Albania Prime Minister offcially attributed the offensive cyber operation gainst its country to Iran.
- Albania government severed the diplomatic relationship with Iran the 7th September with immediate effect.
- Iran embassy personnel must leave the country.
- Nota: The response to this event depends, some says they're supportive of the Iran attribution, some not.
Cyber Security blog posts
- Likely Iranian Threat Actor Conducts Politically Motivated Disruptive Activity Against Albanian Government Organizations
- Microsoft investigates Iranian attacks against the Albanian government
- Albania Prime Minister public speech
- Message of Prime Minister Edi Rama, regarding the decision of the Albanian government, as a response to the cyber attack against the digital infrastructure of the Government of the Republic of Albania
- Iran’s foreign ministry spokesman rejects US, UK accusations of cyberattacks
- Iran’s foreign ministry spokesman voices concern over reported mistreatment of Iranian embassy staff in Albania
- The Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs strongly condemns Albania’s anti-Iran measure
Errors, typos, something to say ?
If you want to add a link, comment or send it to me Feel free to report any mistake directly below in the comment or in DM on Twitter @SwitHak