Credit: Rupansh, ZeroInfinity, kdrag0n
PRO TIP: YOU CAN USE CTRL+F TO SEARCH ON THE PC
PRO TIP 2: YOU CAN SEARCH ON MOBILE USING CHROME > MENU > FIND IN PAGE
MAIN DOWNLOAD FOLDER: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=275999
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Known bugs
- Dirty Flashing From DP4
- How to install
- Vendor dialog pop-up and kick into recovery
- New navbar
- ADB fix
- Battery drain
- Updating GMS / Play Store / finishing setup / persistent notification bugs
- Disable software/hardware keys
- Blue accent / Pixel theme
- Always On Display
- Launcher Mod
- How to flash custom kernel
Not sure if your device is supported? Firstly, check this wiki for tested devices.
Not in the wiki? Make sure your device has Treble by installing this app.
If your device has a tick on the first box, CONGRATULATIONS! Your device is treble supported! If you have the second box ticked as well, your device has A/B partitioning. If it is NOT ticked, your device has A only partitioning.
Contribute to the wiki.
ONLY IF IT BOOTS!
(PS. This page is not for noobs. If you are one, Just send us a screenshot of About phone)
Also check out the device template and if possible, make a device page of your device!
A Only or A/B partition
If your device is not in that list, check with Treble Check.
- Play Store (update GMS, fix below)
- VoLTE (No, No, No, and No, don't even ask)
- Lag (Lag fix below this section!)
- Night mode (for some devices)
- No haptic feedback for fingerprint and hw keys
- No hw keys backlight
- Gcam settings, panorama, etc FC
- Anything other than this is a vendor related issue! (report to your dev with meaningful logcats or change your vendor/treble ROM base)
A/B USERS PLEASE READ! Don't flash the post zip 3 (
How to install
Dirty Flashing From DP4
- Flash P GSI in TWRP
This post is specifically for the OP5 and OP5T but you can use it as a general guideline: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=77078240&postcount=14
For example in step 4, replace Mokee ROM with a treble ROM of your choice for your device.
Mi A1 (Tissot)
Format data (which wipes internal storage in the process) and flash the FBE_Disabler.zip in the pinned message of the telegram group.
Re-do the flashing process of the P GSI, when you get up to the part where you flash the post GSIs, follow the steps below:
Flash POST Zip 1,2 (Dont flash zip 3 Yet)
Reboot to system (You will see the rom booting and reboot to recovery suddenly)
Flash POST zip 3 in recovery and reboot to system
If that doesn't work...
- Mount vendor partition in TWRP, then use the TWRP File Manager.
- Copy the build.prop file from the vendor partition to your internal storage (/sdcard)
- Move it to your PC via MTP in recovery.
- Add "persist.sys.disable_rescue=true" (without quotes) to the bottom of the build.prop file you have just copied to your PC.
- Save and transfer it back to your internal storage.
- Copy the build.prop from your internal storage to /vendor, replacing the original file.
- Press on the build.prop file in your /vendor partition and press "chmod".
- Remove all of the "0000" numbers in the text box and type "0600", then confirm the chmod.
- Reboot to the OS.
Vendor dialog pop-up and kick into recovery
Quoteed from @raphielscape "Sometimes if vendor built under user, not userdebug or eng, it'll throw to recovery coz why not", so try a different treble ROM.
Settings > System > Gestures > Swipe up on Home button
If this does not exist for you, add
qemu.hw.mainkeys=1 to your VENDOR build.prop.
Magisk 16.7 BETA SHOULD be working on most devices. You can get it HERE.
For those who are unable to get ADB normally, flash this zip in TWRP.
If you are getting unusual battery drain, disable ADB (USB debugging) in developer options.
Install Open Camera to test camera - Camera 2 API is not supported on some devices!
Library of GCam mods (not all of them will work, depends on the device): https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/
Recommended (again, does not work for all devices): https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/GoogleCamera-Pixel2Mod-Arnova8G2-V8.apk
Known issue for many devices: Gcam settings force closes, and panorama/lens blur/photo sphere may not work
GCam Settings Fix
Flash THIS in TWRP and reboot. No need to manually mount anything.
GCam Front Camera Fix
Install this special APK.
If you don't like Google Photos, you can install the gallery from LineageOS HERE.
Updating GMS / Play Store / finishing setup / persistent notification bugs
Install this APK like any other - via Files, Chrome, ADB, etc.
Disable software/hardware keys
We are not responsible if any of your keys stop working! Root required. Full guide here.
May not work for all devices
- Enable developer settings (Please google to know if you don't know)
- Scroll down to select Default USB Configuration
- Select File Transfer
If this doesn't fix MTP, get a logcat at the time you attach your phone to pc and send it here.
Blue accent / Pixel theme
Add this to your
/vendor/build.prop, save and reboot:
Always On Display
Taken from the Pixel 2, download this: https://drive.google.com/open?id=194zLY3b9l17B-EYWnRyNnYht7qP89zDw
BACKUP YOUR VENDOR IMAGE IN TWRP FIRST BEFORE PROCEEDING!!!
Copy the downloaded APK to /vendor/overlay
Your device should freeze for a second and the brightness should go to max for a second and kick you into the lockscreen
Go to Settings / Display / Ambient Display and enable Always On
Tested on the OP5 and OP5T.
How to flash custom kernel
- Flash your desired custom kernel
- Flash POST-sGSI_3.zip (doesn't apply to A/B OR OnePlus 5/5T devices)
It may fix the LED issue on mido.
Source: @Maximilis (bang him if it doesn't work for you instead of me)