- Open Automator
- Choose Quick Action as the document type
- Change Workflow receives current to files or folders in Finder.app
- For Action, choose Open Finder items from the left hand sidebar
- Change Open with to Visual Studio Code.app (find it in Other... )
- For the Icon, change Image to "Choose..." and select the Visual Stuido Code app. It'll automatically pick the icon
- Save it (Cmd+S) as something like "Open in VS Code"
Add Quick Actions to Finde in macOS Big Sur to open a folder in VS Code