I've had a few different ideas kicking around that boil down to finding one or more places/formats for documenting parts of the known nixiverse (at least nix + nixpkgs + ecosystem/toolchain projects).
(each of these would need software and interested parties/personalities to drive them...)
A massive living differential-diagnosis-style flowchart of the ecosystem
- Basically, everything official is fair game: concepts, official commands, config, modules, packages, error messages, best practices, and many third-party projects/resources (but I guess curation should be empowered to filter out self-promo/obsolete stuff).
- Most importantly, the thing that drives linking those resources into the flowchart should be linking them to plausible questions/decisions.
- Very specific details should probably be version-tagged?
- When people ask novel questions, those questions/answers should go into the map.
- Longer-term aspirations are things like: