Generating ATIS files for euroscope using Amazon Polly
Amazon make a really good, relatively easy service called Amazon Polly, which allows people to programatically make voice files using their voice software. Euroscope ATIS files are one use for this. Here's my guide for making them programatically:
Step 1: Generate the files
- Install ExcelToAmazonPolly (https://github.com/StachePL/ExcelToAmazonPolly)
- Follow the instructions on ExcelToAmazonPolly's github page for setup.
- Once working, open the example excel sheet, and set up as shown in the config. Set the Generate column to TRUE in all rows. Also, make sure all file types end with ".ogg"
- Open the app, select "Ogg_vorbis" from the dropdown menu and click Generate
- Assuming you haven't changed the output folder, the files will appear in "C:\VoiceOutput"