(fork of https://gist.github.com/aaa08856822a85a6864b (but gist fork is broken :-/ ))
Infoproducts Show and Tell hosted by Kelly Parkinson and Amy Hoy
Infoproducts---> something that teaches, helps you learn, transforms your mind, works with you (not for you). Can be part of your own process, can be part of your website so people can do their own.
- ebooks---solve some kind of problem, share some kind of knowledge
- 37s sold a $400 ecommerce store design booklet
- screencasts---animating things
- videos---tutorials? documentaries?
- audio lectures---very focused topic using sound?
- white papers---reports---big companies love reports!
- sell cheat sheets---Cliff Notes!
- checklists and flowcharts---steps on how to work better
- workbooks---break it down into bite sized pieces
- software that aids learning---big for software developers
- presentations---more multimedia than a video?
- summaries---"in conclusion" paragraphs have a lot of information.
- classes and courses and more!---what else can your infoproduct format be?
What do we love about Infoproducts? -they teach something not published in a traditional way -limited edition and small runs
- specific and niche content is really good b/c publishers aren't interested in publishing them ---some information does not need to be padded, though the publishing industry will insist it does. Don't write for the money. Why not write for the money? (i.e: Delta of Venus by Anais Nin. famously paid $1/pg)
Unusual products can have
- small niche
- focused small classes
- can charge top dollar
deal directly with creator, eliminate the publisher as middleman
broad topics are hard, niche topics are easier
Consulting--->reach a few people since it's mostly 1:1 infoprod--->reach more people
Passive income: price points smaller products product vs list which comes first? offer a discount~! affiliates- yay or nay?
Beta Version vs Full Version Mini Product (30 individual chapters) vs Whole (book) which is better?
How much value is provided?
some source idea examples:
- save pain and anguish
- increase health
continuity program (like a subscription?) --->to which I add: Where is there a paradox?
Sean D'souza http://promotedprofits.com/sean-d%E2%80%99souza
- http://www.psychotactics.com/home-study/how-to-write-article-strategies-to-write-powerful-articles-for-sales-pages and-newsletters
Kelly Parkinson 1st product was recipes.
- "27 copywriting recipes" - built from her own process -too broad. Organized sections and came up with a Trail Map of website. Adventure map of design. Structure and questions
Blog Post Twister
- http://www.copylicious.com/twister/ - blog post ideas
Fun---> blog fright---> find a comfort zone. Talking to Monsters Coloring Book
Fears: infoproducts to make people feel better Pain relief the ugh factor how to package Notice what's irritating or painful Check your blog posts! What is being read. Binders are good. Downloads get lost. Printed materials connect to sales page. Favorite products: article writing course The Curse (anxiety) of Knowledge (close to what you know): How Not to Suck <----product
Amy Hoy - ebook writing explaining Thomas did the coding---> identified parts of web pages that are slow
Peepcode <----best programming site!
Amy's list of things she bought
- "Designers guide to Web Applications - Part 1" - IA design
- "Making better presentation slides" - with upsell package http://iamshane.com/products/making-better-slides
- Article writing course - 450pages + 8 DVDs
- Philosopher's Notes
- Rouxbe - online cooking school http://rouxbe.com/
- Human Centered Design Field Guide - free (IDO designing for change toolkit)
- IDEO HCD - http://www.ideo.com/work/human-centered-design-toolkit
- Get Clients Now
- Facebook ads might be better than adwords
- Printed ebook option
- http://www.mimeo.com - print on demand
- Landing page handbook
- http://timebemoney.com/ - email tool that promotes freckle
- product launch formula - Amy bought
Blog posts Freebies Tweets Discounts (baiting) Mailing Flash Cards Trading Cards Visuals ASK people to sign up