NB; (An updated version of this guide can be found on the wiki)
OpenMW Windows Dev-Env
What you need?
- Visual Studio 2013 or 2015 (Community edition is enough)
- MSYSGit or Git for Windows as it's also called (
cinst git.installif you have Chocolatey)
- Note that WSL does not work for this, as it needs to execute windows executables.
- 7-zip in your path (
cinst 7zip.installworks, if you have Chocolatey)
- CMake in your path (
cinst cmake.installfor Chocolatey)
- ~10GB of free space per build platform (32/64-bit), for all the build artefacts.
- Time. An hour or two most likely for full release and debug builds.
What you do?
- Clone the OpenMW repo.
- Open a Git Bash shell in the repo.
- Run the following command:
CI/before_script.msvc.sh -k -p Win64 -v 2015. (Substitute
Win32if doing a 32-bit build, 2015 can also be substituted with 2013 for VS2013)
- Wait for the build environment to be set up.