CSS reading list
I'm looking for tips on updating old codebases, writing maintainable code and testing design changes. https://twitter.com/benjystanton/status/1336640300744380417
- CSS basics
- Build tools / asset pipelines (e.g. Gulp)
- Visual regression testing
ARIA Landmark roles and HTML5
… there are still support gaps in browsers and screen readers for exposing some landmarks. When presented with situations like this, ignoring conformance warnings, and adding a redundant role to an element, may be preferred to not exposing the correct landmark information.
Onboarding remote team members
Articles and resources
- Citizens Advice Welcome Deck
- Dragon Age Induction Board
- Dragon Age Induction Board 2
- 10 thoughts about onboarding designers in our new remote world
- How to Unfurlough: Introducing the ‘Return to Work’ Trello board
- 5 Reasons Why Spotify's Onboarding Is Better Than Yours
- [What would a great onboarding experience look like?](https://medium.com/inspect-and-adapt/what-would-a-great-onboarding-experience-look-like-d8be856
API user research resources
Content design for data tables, spreadsheets, CSVs and APIs
Interfaces for exploring data rely on the data itself being well written.
Improving the way data is labelled and described, wihout affecting the underlying meaning, whilst also making sure it's still machine readable is a tricky task!
Here are some resources that can help (thanks everyone for the suggestions).