- Filtering console messages
- Issues Panel in Developer Tools
- Powering the issues panel: Webhint - automated testing for all kind of issues
- Webhint extension for Visual Studio Code
- CSS Grid Tooling
- Flexbox debugging tools
- Web Typography Editor
- [Breakpoint debugging](https://docs.microsoft.com/microsoft-edge/devtools-g
- Emulation tools in Developer Tools allow you to simulate different mobile devices and network states (offline, bad connectivity and so on...)
- Playwright is a npm package to remotely and headlessly test Chromium, WebKit and Gecko at the same time.
- Edge Developer Tools for VS Code is an extension that embeds the developer tools inside Visual Studio code, making sure you don't need to switch contexts.
- The issues pane in Browser Developer Tools doesn't only display problems sorted by category, but also gives context and "learn more" links.
- A quick survey to tell us what you think about the things shown here and h
Back to basics resources
- A long Twitter thread about how strange Facebook's HTML is with lots of arguments about generating HTML vs. readability of source code and performance
- Playwright is a Node.js module that allows you to remotely drive Chromium, Firefox and Webkit browsers. Great for automated testing.
My pet project: CSDB Preview Bookmarklet
DevRel Summit Asia 2018 Live Notes
These are my notes of the DevRel summit 2018 on 2nd of November in Singapore. They are by no means complete and I may have rushed a few bits. I'm looking forward to the videos and slide releases by the different presenters to fill in gaps and welcome comments on that. I hope this helps getting an idea what was covered.
Keynote Nicole Zhu, GoJek
- The slides of the Intel AIDC keynote are available here as a PDF
- The slides of this talk are available on Dropbox as a PDF
Intro and history of ML on the web
- Autodraw by Google is a tool that allows you to doodle what you want to paint and turns it into a proper icon by detecting the outline and making an ML based assumption what it could be.
- Quickdraw by Google is a game they created a few years before Autodraw to train the model.
- ReCaptcha is a CAPTCHA engine that feeds the data back into Google's ML systems. For example, currently being asked to detect street signs or cars is a good indicator that this data will go into the self-driving cars project.