Getting grunt to work with Cygwin and git on Windows is a bit difficult considering the cygwin package that is installed by git has an outdated version of node running on it. There are several issues to work through:
- Cygwin by default installs an old version of node.
- Open Cygwin shell
which nodetells you where the executable is
node --versiontells you if it's old
cdto the directory listed by
mv node.exe node.exe.bak
- download node from nodejs.org and install it
- Node installed through installer doesn't update PATH to point to correct version of node installed normally.
- on my system it was in Application data and program files, YMMV, so I added those to my path
- to see current path:
- to set path:
export PATH="your path here"
- i added
/c/Documents and Settings/mike/Application Data/npm:/c/Program Files/nodejs:to my path
- grunt needs to be installed globally and locally
cdto your jquery top level directory
npm installwill install local grunt and grunt-compare-size
npm install -g gruntwill install the global grunt that is recognized as in the PATH
that should be it, at least that's what worked for me