Forge annual Parley - Questions 2019
Most important Question
- What's the story of the Squirrel?
- Will the support for 1.12.2 end? And will we get another recommended build for 1.12?
- Will 1.13.2 be left as it is, or be continued parallel to 1.14?
- Will the example project ever do anything meaningful? (Like register a block, or implement an entity)
- Is it possible to/how hard would it be to cache resource loading to improve launch times?
- What exactly is Forges scope? (Like an energy api would be out of scope)
- How does Forge work?
Original: how does forge work as it does? why can forge almost only let minecraft java be modded?
- What happens behind the facades during Game version updates?
- What type of tests are used in Forge Development, and what do they cover?
- Why is MCP licensing so restrictive compared to other mapping projects?
- Who is in charge of PRs and stuff?
- Will the major Forge rewrite be finished with 1.14 or can we expect more large changes in the future?
- Will the fluid system be rewritten?
- Will it be possible to have a "waterlogged" state for multiple fluids? If not, are there plans to make this possible)
- Will dimension get a rewrite?
- What kind of internal changes have been made to worldgen, and how will they affect modders?
- What are the nicest/most convenient changes in Vanilla 1.13/1.14
- With the texture update in 1.14 will anything else besides the Forge bucket be affected?
- Wouldn't it be a good time to restructure event packages? (Like does the
FurnaceFuelBurnTimeEventreally require its own package)?
- Will Forges block id limit be removed in 1.14?
- Are biome ids unlimited in 1.13/1.14 now? (Were any other ID limits removed?)
- Will Forge for 1.14 be compatible with Optifine?
- What about the texture issues with the Forge blockstates?
- When will Config anotations return?
- Will the Forge Animation System be extended to also work with Entities?
- May we get a way to allow loading/unloading/reloading Mods after startup.
- Will we ever get Mixin (or something similar) in Forge?
- Is there a standard on how to coremod with Forge?
- Could we get docs for core modding on readthedocs?
Mojang + Forge
- What is Forges stance for fixing vanilla bugs? Could fixing such bugs cause side affects?
- Why doesn't Mojang code Minecraft in a way that it would be mod friendlier.
- Could Mojang integrate Forge into the Java Edition at one point?
- Thoughts on the Modding API for the Bedrock edition? Could it overtake us?
- Why does Mojang still bother with obfuscators?
Fabric vs. Forge
- Will Forge be able to load Fabric mods?
- Could you imagine a partnership with the Fabric devs?
- Why can Fabric provide updates/Prs/feature improvements at a faster rate than Forge?