- Create 'DAMA Software' logbook in beamline Olog.
conda list -n collection > /tmp/conda-list-before-upgrade.txtand include it in an Olog entry as an attachment.
- Commit any uncomitted code in the IPython profile, which should be located (or linked to) at
- Create a new directory inside the IPython profile,
- Write acceptance tests as short, standalone scripts that can be executed like
ipython --profile=collection -i 01-some-test.py. See examples from XPD or CSX.
- Run acceptance tests successfully, and commit repo.
- Install packages. Use
--no-depsto keep conda from installing things you don't want.
- ophyd (latest on nsls2-dev)
- pyepics (latest on nsls2-dev)
- As above, create a text file and attach it to the same log entry.
- Commit IPython profile and sync with github.
00-startup.pyaround the documented standard. Put olog code (farther down the page in that same link) in a separate file,
01-olog-configuration.py, where it can be easily removed when the Olog is acting up.
- Adjust for API Changes in beamline config:
- Remove imports of
gswas being imported from
standard_config, import it from
gs.RE.subscribe_lossless('all', metadatastore.commands.insert)(This line is in the linked example config already.)
- To avoid an annoying warning, import
bluesky.utilsinstead of (deprecated)
- Cleanup unneeded code that turns asyncio debugging off. (It's off my default now.)
- Do not bulk import
from bluesky.plans import *. (There is a lot of stuff in there now, and some names like
sleepshadow common imports.)
- Remove imports of
- Check the order of Components in Device class definitions. To be safe: in
PVPositionerdefinitions, readback (not setpoint) should be first because that is the value that will be used to restore motors to their original positions if
.positiondoes not exist.
- Customize names, read_attrs, and configuration_attrs in accordance with beamline scientists' preferences.
- Run user acceptance tests.
- Commit IPython profile and upload to github.
- Ask what new hardware beamline will use this cycle.
Upgrade checklist, May 2016