I am Fernando van Loenhout.
Why my nomination
I joined the SOCVR in 2016 10 january. I started slowly with some simple messages, and after I got more used to the SOCVR, I conversated more and more with other people in the chat.
After more interactions in the SOCVR, I started to discover the SmokeDetector program, and went over to the Charcoal HQ to flag more posts.After a while I started posting pull-requests to improve the detection rate of the smokedetector client.
My place between the Charcoal HQ and the SOCVR has given me advatages of relaying missing information when something is wrong, for example, when smokey is down, I notify the SOCVR if he is going to run on a second acount, to prevent the people asking what is happening.
I am mainly active online between 08:00 UTC and 04:00 UTC, and I get passively online between 17:30 UTC and 22:00 UTC.
If I am active online, I talk a lot about what happens on the stackoverflow network.
If I am passively online, I am usualy silent, but I am quickly able to respond to pings or smokedetector notifications.
Interactions with the bots
I follow the interactions in the Charcoal HQ closely, meaning that I get quickly informated if a new feature is created that can help
us managing the Charcoal bots. A example of the is the new
How I as a room owner will improve the room
As a room owner, I can help by keeping the off-topic posts away from people who don't understand the channel, moving old [cv-pls] to the close vote archieve, and updating the sitebar posts with important information for the smokedetector bot.
My moderation style
My preffered style of moderation is forgiving, but I can be strict in certain situations. Example situations:
- off-topic stuff from new users: I would either ignore it, or move to trash if the amount of messages is distracting to other people
- If a smokedetector/other report contains a heavy NSFW title, and the 120 seconds limit is expired: I would manualy delete the message if the post is deleted on the network to prevent throuble with peoples work place
- I don't agree with someones's [cv-pls]: I would discus it normally in chat, without requiring any RO tool
- I dont agree with someone marking a smoke detector post Even these sitations can be clearly addresed in chat without any room owner tool, I state my opinion and then leave it up to them if they change the result of the smoke detector post or not.
- If someone posts severe NSFW content I would delete the message, and even kick-mute the person, depending on the amount of posts.
My message count
For as long as I am active in the SOCVR, I posted 715 messages, this is about 13 messages a day. I don't see this as a limitation of my knowledge, because a good room owner should also spend time in reading all conversations that are happening on his channel, and there is no indication of reading and understanding what is happening on the channel, as opposite to actively participiating.
In total, I have 13 stars in the SOCVR by 7 posts
Am I up to the task?
I think that I am up to the task. I learned where to find the moderation tools, and in what situation to use them according to the meta. I don't have a list of contribution because the fact I am not active on stackoverflow for a relly long time, 3 months. But I have a strong presence.
I think the diamond moderators in the room make the processes in the room easier than without them
My opinion about rep transfer
I think this should be allowed as its for the benefit of the website, there is no unfair reputation gained, only transferred.