This issue is reserved for people who never contributed to Open Source before. We know that the process of creating a pull request is the biggest barrier for new contributors. This issue is for you
The following text is a sample of a a description. It is important that such descriptions contains enough information (maybe by links) to allow a newcomer to work on the issue :)
IcedTea-Web should have a Travis build. Information how a Java project can be build by Travis can be found here. IcedTea-Web is based on Maven and a
mvn clean verify should be executed by the Travis build. Today we do not have a maven wrapper but that can be added when solving this issue (optional). IcedTea-Web should be build on the last Java 8 release of AdoptOpenJDK. Providing an additional build that is based on Java 11 would be a big benefit (optional).
To solve this issue and contribute a fix you should check the following step-by-step list. A more detailed documentation of the workflow can be found here.
- Claim this issue: Comment below.
- Fork the repository in github by simply clicking the 'fork' button.
- Check out the forked repository
- Create a feature branch for the issue. We do not have any naming definition for branches.
- Commit your changes.
- Start a Pull Request.
👍Ask in comments for a review :)
- If the reviewer find some missing peaces or a problem he will start a discussion with you and describe the next steps how the problem can be solved.
- You did it
🎉We will merge the fix in the master branch.
- Thanks, thanks, thanks for being part of this project as an open source contributor
Solve this issue as part of the Hacktoberfest event and get a change to receive cool goodies like a T-Shirt.
If you have any questions just ask us directly in this issue by adding a comment. You can join our community chat at Slack. Next to this you can find a general manual about open source contributions here.