How to flash MIUI Fastboot ROM from Linux
$ export PATH=path/to/android/sdk/platform-tools:$PATH
- Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable and enable USB
Debugging in your device's settings. Check if your device is detected.
- If device is listed, reboot to bootloader
- Check if your device is detected by fastboot
- You may need to use
fastboot if you get a permission denied
- There are two scripts for flashing the ROM:
flash_all.sh - Flash ROM and erase user data
flash_all_except_data_storage.sh - Flash ROM without erasing user data
- Whichever script you decide to use, make sure that the interpreter is
mentioned at the top of the script like
- If the above line is missing, add it to the top of the script
- Make the script executable (I've chosen
$ cd path/to/extracted/ROM/archive
$ chmod a+x ./flash_all.sh
- You may need to run
sudo ./flash_all.sh if you had to use
- Sit back and relax. The script needs no user interaction. After flashing the
ROM, the script will reboot your device.
- Reboot will take quite a bit of time. Don't panic.