Here is my live stream setup kit :)
I recommend only streaming to a single service such as Twitch. It is better for community building and easier on the streamer. Additionally, if you become an affiliate you are locked into a platform anyways.
I recommend streaming from a Windows computer as it is the best.
How my setup works is that I have my main Desktop PC that has my streaming software, chat, alerts, music, and such all running on it. I have a second surface book that has HDMI out into the capture card in my Desktop PC. I do this because often when you compile apps it may freeze up your computer and stream :(. I have 2 sets of keyboards and mice and 2 monitors that I work off of. This works for me, but you do you :)
- Streamlabs OBS: Your main go to for software. Built on top of OBS it has all the widgets and pop ups built in. Windows only else you will need just OBS.
- Streamlabs has all of your pop ups for subscribers and such on their website so you want to customize that
- Pretzel: Music for live streams
- Snaz: Countdown app for stream
- Nightbot: Bot for your chatroom!
- Microphone Guide
- Elgato HD60 Pro: Internal PCIe Screen Capture
- Elgato HD60s: Esternal USB 3.0 Screen Capture
- Elgato Key Light: Professional LED Panel + WiFi control
- Elgato Stream Deck: Essential for moving from scene to scene, muting audio, and playing clips.
- Elgato Stream Deck Mini: If you are on an budget, but you will eventually want the big one
- Logitech C920: Cause they need to see you!
- 720p @2000mbps
- Make sure you have a "Stream starting soon" and always have it up for a few minutes to allow people to get in.
- Don't worry if you don't have many people at first
- Interact with your chatroom! If no one is there talk through what you are doing
- Setup your panels in Twitch with info
- Stream consistent on specific days and times
- Setup a panel for your stream times
Also, amazing reading is Suz's Blog on streaming