Fast Research & Development
People tend to believe that R&D takes a long time.
- Most useful: read this list https://patrickcollison.com/fast -- assembled by Patrick Collison
- Elon simplicity: long is wrong, tight is right
- also in there: remove design parts. the best engineering design improvement is to remove things -- undesign things.
- Max Hodak (transcriptic, neuralink, ...) says "you should be able to design an experiment, go into surgery, get the data, and do the analysis in under a week" (on fast feedback loops for BMI)
- Demis Hassabis - energy, pace, focus, -- blue sky research group w/ the intensity of a startup