Rootbuzz Theming Guide
Step 1: See the getting started video
Step 2: Do research on the theme you're matching
Look for elements that are consistent across many pages on the primary site
Look for a blog. Possible source of theme elements.
What you're looking for is thematic elements such as:
- what color the links should be
- what should the sidebar look like
- What fonts, font sizes, colors, etc are used
- How to match and integrate the header and footer
Step 3: Make sure you're done every item in the following checklist
note: Please do not hesistate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
I'm available via skype (jiaaro) & email (firstname.lastname@example.org) any time you need.
Theme Completion Checklist
- Typography (fonts)
- Does the Heading font match the main site?
- Does the body text font match the main site?
- Are the font sizes the same?
- is the line-height the same?
- paragraph spacing
- link colors?
- Make sure theme doesn't break when resizing browser window
- Make sure Rootbuzz layout is the same width as Client Site's
- Buttons are themed
- new post
- new comment
- Edit post
- Edit profile
- Send Feedback
- Currently selected sort is highlighted
- list of posts (default: popular)
- list of replies (default: magic)
- Error messages on forms (try posting without any tags)
- Slide down bar ("First time here…", log in then log out to see)
- Badges page
- should have every other row highlighted (.highlighted class)
- Log out and view
- a post with replies and comments
- a user profile with posts and replies
- Sniff check: Make sure there are no obvious theme bugs in the following use cases
- Do a Search
- Click a tag
- Favorite a tag & Ignore a tag
- View a profile
- Browser Compatibility
- Internet Explorer 8, 9, 10
- Firefox Latest
- Chrome Latest
- Safari Desktop 5, 6
- iPhone 4, 5 (check portrait & landscape orientations)
- iPad (check portrait & landscape orientations)