If you've ever wondered what it's be like to "go indie" here is a script with some assumptions that might help you project your income.
- You will make a new app every month
- Apps have a useful life of 3 years (after that they stop earning money)
- Apps will earn $250 in their launch month
- Apps will earn $100/mo at first (starting month 2), but that revenue will slowly decline (~50% each year)
- As you make more apps your brand/mailing list will start to pay dividends (after 4 apps you'll see the numbers above double, after 8 they'll 3x, and so on)
So how would that work out?