Before to start
Everything is an Object.
Inheritance between objects is achieved with a mechanism known as Prototypal Inheritance.
We can create Objects and then link them together OLOO (Objects-Linked-to-Other-Objects).
- You Don't Know JS
- Professor Frisby's Mostly Adeguate Guide to Functional Programming
Things that catched my attention
- Export and Import
- Compatibility Matrix Node/ES6
- Compare the differences between ES6 and ES5
- ES6 stands for ECMAScript 6 (a.k.a. ECMAScript 2015)
- Video about Setting up Unit Testing with Mocha and Chai
- Video about Unit Testing With Mocha and Chai
- Ended up with Chai as assertions library, and Mocha as test runner
- Discovered that Chai allows three different assertion styles (Should, Expect and Assert). It's just a matter of style.
- But there is also another Testing Framework to experiment with, Jest.
- End to End test with Cypress
Extensions or Resources about VSCode
1. My First Test "Hello World"
- Bowling Game Kata - DONE
- Roman Numerals Kata - DONE
- String Calculator Kata - Only Part I - DONE
- Nice to have: a functional version of the kata
- Salary Slip Kata - TODO (Test Double?)
- Bank Kata - TODO (Test Double?)
3. A simple application
Starting from the Bank Kata, build a simple frontend application, store data and deploy it somewhere.
Nice to learn
- Coverage tools
- How to test the frontend code (interaction with the DOM, etc ...)
- Pair session with experienced people on an open source project