Nearest Normal Aspect Ratio
This function returns the nearest aspect ratio of a width and height within a limited range of possible aspect ratios.
In other words, while 649x360 technically has an aspect ratio of 649:360, it’s often useful to know that the nearest normal aspect ratio is actually 9:5 (648x360).
nearestNormalAspectRatio(width, height, [side], [maxWidth], [maxHeight])
- width: The width of the space.
- height: The height of the space.
- side: The nearest ratio to side with. A number higher than zero tells the function to always return the nearest ratio that is equal or higher than the actual ratio, whereas a smaller number returns the nearest ratio higher that is equal or smaller than the actual ratio. Defaults to 0.
- maxWidth: The maximum width in the nearest normal aspect ratio. Defaults to 16.
- maxWidth: The maximum height in the nearest normal aspect ratio. Defaults to 16.