Remote Jobs general guideline
This is something I compiled during the last weeks while job hunting. If you miss something in this list, please fork or tell me on twitter and I'll add what's missing.
- Be careful with jobs that are not clear they hire outside US
- Look for job in niches (like SaaS job boards, language-specific communities, country-focused, and so on)
- Avoid Upwork (pay to work, no guaranteed results, often bad contracts) and Remote.com
- Remote.co is not Remote.com, remote.co is ok.
- There are companies that hire and act as a guild, but only pay as freelancer (X-team, Gun.io, and so on)
- Not really focused on freelancing, as it is to me more like a one-person business