Software development hard truths
- Continuous Integration is a software development discipline, not your orchestrator tool.
- Branch-by-abstraction and trunk-based development is the
rightsuperior answer for adopting CI (https://twitter.com/jezhumble/status/1220036153488756736)
- Feature branches and PR features goes against the grain with adopting CI.
- Pair programming is hard and works (https://martinfowler.com/articles/on-pair-programming.html).
- "Success creates its own truth" (https://longreads.com/2020/08/20/how-to-learn-everything-the-masterclass-diaries/). Be wary of the gospel preached on a famous/pupular/successful person/company's blog post. Can their life lessons be applied to your (or someone else's) reality?