tldr: Create a reoccurring online meetup for Bitovi's community.
- Make Bitovi seem like the "cool" place it already is.
- Meet other developers, get QSLs.
- We have a lot of community outside just Chicago and LA
- We do a lot of stuff outside DoneJS like:
- project management / soft skills
- Building cool apps
Lets have a reoccurring meetup that appeals to Bitovi's community!
I think it should:
- be every 6 weeks
- personally engage our community (this is the hard part)
- be entertaining and professional (aka practice our talks a few times)
personally engage our community, I mean we should figure out how to connect with people
in a way that a meetup would. I don't think this should be a podcast. I am unsure how to best do
this. A few ideas:
- Have a very diverse set of people talking.
- Everyone at Bitovi shoudl participate. It should not be Justin talking all the time.
- We should invite non-bitovi community members and clients to present.
- Have slack / forums where people can engage offline, suggest topics, etc.
- Have "breakout" sessions where people can talk about different things and engage in small groups.
:00- Introduction, latest news, hint at breakout rooms.
:05- Beginner dev talk.
:15- Designer talk.
:25- Project management, agile, soft-skills talk
:35- Advanced talk 1
:45- Advanced talk 2
- When to have it? Lunchtime, at night, weekends?
- How often to have it? Monthly, epochly, quarterly.
- How long should it be? 1 hr, 2 hrs?
- Can zoom handle this?
- Meetup.com doesn't like virtual meetups. We can probably get away with this for a bit. However, we will need some type of event page. Can hubspot handle this?