Connmanctl Cheat Sheet
- Documentation @ http://git.kernel.org/cgit/network/connman/connman.git/tree/doc
Scan for access points (run multiple times for more complete scan):
# connmanctl scan wifi Scan completed for wifi
Display access points discovered:
# connmanctl services *AO Wired ethernet_9059af5f4217_cable HOME-0842 wifi_009e959b585c_484f4d452d30383432_managed_psk ATT440 wifi_009e959b585c_415454343430_managed_psk andent wifi_009e959b585c_616e64656e74_managed_psk wifi_009e959b585c_hidden_managed_psk ATT512 wifi_009e959b585c_415454353132_managed_psk GoldenBearTriangle wifi_009e959b585c_476f6c64656e42656172547269616e676c65_managed_psk Mr. Pamuk wifi_009e959b585c_4d722e2050616d756b_managed_psk thegirls wifi_009e959b585c_7468656769726c73_managed_psk HappyDays wifi_009e959b585c_486170707944617973_managed_psk tipsycoopaloop wifi_009e959b585c_7469707379636f6f70616c6f6f70_managed_psk 2BlueWiFi wifi_009e959b585c_32426c756557694669_managed_psk
Displays details on the AP of interest:
# connmanctl services wifi_009e959b585c_32426c756557694669_managed_psk /net/connman/service/wifi_009e959b585c_32426c756557694669_managed_psk Type = wifi Security = [ psk ] State = idle Strength = 63 Favorite = False Immutable = False AutoConnect = False Name = 2BlueWiFi Ethernet = [ Method=auto, Interface=wlan0, Address=00:9E:95:9B:58:5C, MTU=1500 ] IPv4 = [ ] IPv4.Configuration = [ Method=dhcp ] IPv6 = [ ] IPv6.Configuration = [ Method=auto, Privacy=disabled ] Nameservers = [ ] Nameservers.Configuration = [ ] Timeservers = [ ] Timeservers.Configuration = [ ] Domains = [ ] Domains.Configuration = [ ] Proxy = [ ] Proxy.Configuration = [ ] Provider = [ ]
Write config file for connecting to secure AP:
# cat << EOF > /var/lib/connman/<SSID>-psk.config [service_wifi_<hash>_managed_psk] Type = wifi Name = <SSID> Passphrase = <passphrase> EOF
- Should be automatically re-read without needing to restart connman.
- Verify this worked correctly by re-running connmanctl services and observe Immutable, AutoConnect and Favorite are set to true.
Connect to the new secure AP:
# connmanctl connect wifi_009e959b585c_32426c756557694669_managed_psk
- Verify correct operation by running connmanctl services and observe the local interface address as well as DNS. Also can check ip addr ls and cat /etc/resolv.conf
Comments / Issues
- WiFi driver + connman-1.17 + beaglebone appears to be buggy with connmanctl disable/enable
- Connmanctl connect seems buggy, potential it calls enable?
Frequency = XXXX (wfii frequency in mhz)