I can confirm that the ETRX357USB-LRS+8M can be flashed with an appropriate EZSP firmware without the use of any programming hardware. So, without any guarantees (you might -but probably won’t- brick your device), here’s how:
- Download the firmware. I used some random blob someone put on github that at least seemed to have the right name. What could possibly go wrong, right? https://github.com/yqyunjie/Zigbee-Project/blob/master/firmware/EmberZNet/EM35x-EZSP/build/em35x-ezsp-images/EM357/em357-ncp-uart-xon-xoff-use-with-serial-uart-bl-500.ebl?raw=true
- (Install USB-to-serial drivers for the device. Linux will load the driver automatically when you plug in; not sure about other OSes.)
- Install a serial port communication app that supports X-MODEM. (debian/ubuntu:
sudo apt-get install minicom, installs
lrzsz, too) Run it and configure it (
sudo minicom -s) to use the fake serial port (
8N1. Disable both hardware (RTS/CTS) and software (XON/XOFF) flow control.
- Connect USB stick
ls -l /dev/ttyUSB*-> note the number
- Usually should be
- Usually should be
wget 'https://github.com/yqyunjie/Zigbee-Project/blob/master/firmware/EmberZNet/EM35x-EZSP/build/em35x-ezsp-images/EM357/em357-ncp-uart-xon-xoff-use-with-serial-uart-bl-500.ebl?raw=true' -O 'em357-ncp-uart-xon-xoff-use-with-serial-uart-bl-500.ebl'
sudo apt-get install minicom
sudo minicom -s
- Serial port setup
- A (
- Enter to accept.
- E (
- B × 3 (
Current: 19200 8N1)
- Enter to return.
- F (
Hardware Flow Control:
Yes-> change to
- // G (
Software Flow Control:
No-> keep at
- Enter to go to main menu.
Exitto go to interactive telnet like session.
- To exit minicom, use CTRL-A, then Q.
AT, you should get OK in response. Now type
AT+BLOAD. The device will reboot into the bootloader.
- Change the baud rate in the serial port communication app setting to
115200baud. (exit minicom using CTRL-A Q, run
sudo minicom -sagain)
- Pressing enter in the terminal should now show you a three-option boot loader menu. Choose option 1.
Ccharacters will start showing. Don’t wait for this to finish, but start an X-MODEM upload of the firmware you downloaded earlier (use CTRL-A, then S in minicom). You have 60 seconds to start the upload.
- After the upload finished, you should return to the menu. Now select option 2, to reboot into the new firmware. You’re done. Enjoy!