- Rinse 1 bag lentils. Cover lentils with water in pot and boil for 30 minutes. Add water if needed.
- Cook several strips of bacon. Save a little of the grease. Put bacon on paper towels until cooled, then crumble it.
- Chop 1 onion and cook it in the bacon grease. Add a Tablespoon or so of flour, stir it in and cook about 30 seconds.
- Add onions and bacon to the lentils.
- Cut up 1 lb of hot dogs and add to pot. (This is excessive, but some hot dogs are traditional.)
- Add about 1 Tablespoon of salt, a capful of white vinegar, and about a half teaspoon of pepper.
- Cook til correct consistency. (Mushy)