The tree view control enables a hierarchical list with expanding and collapsing nodes that contain nested items. It can be used to illustrate a folder structure or nested relationships in your UI.
The tree view uses a combination of indentation and icons to represent the nested relationship between parent nodes and child nodes. Collapsed nodes use a chevron pointing to the right, and expanded nodes use a chevron pointing down.
You can include an icon in the tree view item data template to represent nodes. For example, if you show a file system hierarchy, you could use folder icons for the parent notes and file icons for the leaf nodes.
The TreeView APIs support the following features:
- N-level nesting
- Selection of single or multiple nodes
- Data binding to the ItemsSource property on TreeView and TreeViewItem
- TreeViewItem as the root of the TreeView item template
- Arbitrary types of content in a TreeViewItem
- Drag and drop between tree views