Nexus 5 usage report (Jan 2014)
I just switched from iPhone 5 to a Nexus 5 32GB for 399€ from the Google Play Store.
I used the Nexus for about a month now and I am pretty impressed.
It's a lot of phone for the price.
- it does not get in my way
- nice display
- good touch interaction
- i like the responsive vibration feedback
- the colored diode does a nice job for notifications
- Google Now is nice, good voice recognition
- painless integration into Google services
- Play Store is really nice
- Chromecast integration works really well
- most Android apps have closed the gap to iOS
- deep insight into the running system
- great chromecast integrations
- battery life, better start each day with 100% battery... -> it has improved and you can inspect what eats battery
- it's just too big for my small hands
- speakers are weak, don't even hear it ring in my pocket
mobile data breaks some times and does not recover properly-> has been resolved
- weaker reception overall, weaker GPS reception than iPhone
- camera on iPhone is much better
- Copy/Paste is as bad as on the iPhone