I know exactly what I want in a long term role so I can save us some time.
For me to be willing to change jobs at this point I would expect:
- A high level of autonomy where I am allowed to work weird hours.
- Have my obsession for auditable everything be humored/tolerated
- I prefer to work with open platforms like RISC-V and OpenPower and open operating systems like Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Sel4, etc
- I am never asked to rely on any software I can't audit on any of my personal or company devices.
- No need to go find clients myself or worry about the business side of the house
- Travel/lodging covered for the 2-3 security conferences I try to attend every year.