Dashing Hotness Widget
Are you dashing? Are you hot? Then you need the Dashing Hotness Widget!
See the blog post for more details.
This widget is similar to the basic Number widget, except that the entire widget changes colour based on the value displayed. It is designed to draw attention to metrics which need attention.
Good for metrics which are monitored for their 'good' (cold) or 'bad' (hot) status.
Not good for metrics which don't have a pre-determined range, or aren't that important.
From your Dashing Dashboard's directory, use the command:
dashing install 6246149
Using the widget
Include a widget with a
Hotness. The widget must include a
data-warm value to work properly.
<li data-row="1" data-col="1" data-sizex="1" data-sizey="1"> <div data-id="synergy" data-view="Hotness" data-title="Synergy Hotness" data-cool="20" data-warm="90"></div> </li>
See below for a full list of fields this widget uses.
- data-id: Like all widgets, you must include an identifier so that your jobs can update the value.
- data-cool: Anything below this value will show the 'cold' colour. It should be set high enough to include all the 'good' range of value for this metric.
- data-warm: Anything above this value will show the 'hot' colour. It should be set just below the 'bad' range of value for this metric - ie. those that need attention!
- data-title: Optional title to show in the widget box (above the value).
- data-prefix: Optional prefix to the value.
- data-suffix: Optional suffix to the value.
Colour Blindness (untested)
To use this scheme, just uncomment the last 5 lines of the SCSS file
The colour schemes and this widget are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 license.