Welcome to the Hack Night!
If you have not already, you can register for this event.
Tonight's program looks like this:
- Presentation (follow along if you like)
- Introduction to Vue
- How It Works
- Syntax & Patterns
- Workshop: Practice with a Simple Kanban
- Vue Components
- Vue CLI
- Vue Router
- Workshop: (time permitting)
- Practice with the Vue CLI
- Practice understanding a component based SPA
For the first half of the night, you will just need a computer with Google Chrome and some kind of Internet connection, as we will use the Codepen below as our initial workspace.
For the second half of the night, you will need
npm, a provided repository and some text editor. Consider getting these tools and resources before arriving, or at least starting the downloads early in the night because they can take a while.
npmfor your environment - how to
npm install -g vue-cli- vue-cli github
- Clone this repository and follow its setup instructions (i.e.
- I highly recommend VSCode and the Vetur plugin.
Immersive Learning Code Examples
- Simple Data Binding
- Two Way Data Binding
- Conditional Binding
- Repeated Binding
- Methods and arguments
- Property Binding
- Property Binding and Created
Practice with Simple Kanban
- Simple Kanban Practice Guide
- Simple Kanban - Start Here Codepen
- Simple Kanban - Completed Version Codepen | Completed Version Fullscreen
Friends of Vue
Sources of Knowledge
Watch out for cars, and have a good one.