Creating the post-commit file
Note: If you want to use your personal Twitter account to post commits, go to Step 2
- Create a new Twitter account for your commit messages. Example
- Go to http://dev.twitter.com and Sign In with your Twitter account you are posting commit messages to.
- Hover over your username in the top-right corner after signing in and select "My Applications"
- Create a new application
- The name, description, and site can all be whatever you want, but leave Callback URL empty
- Under "Application Settings" click "modify app permissions" next to "Access level"