Rules to write a better commit message
These are my preferences for a good commit message, feel free to fork this gist and add your own standards, or add comment here to share yours with the community.
1. Include only the files related to the feature you are implementing:
- Don't add any file that is not related to the main issue, you can make it in a separate commit.
- Separating files that not related is important in the revert cases.
- Revise the whole changes always before committing and make sure to mention each change you made in the message.
2. Commit subject should be concise and reflect the essence of the commit:
- Imagine the commit as an Email to the owner or your team mates.
- Subject in the first and main sentence of the commit, it should be concise and to the point.
- It shouldn't exceed 50 char.