How to denote identity structure
- Have both
- case class Identity[A](a: A)
- type Id[X] = X
- To use in certain circumstances (but not in transformers)
use kenji's scalaprops for testing?
- strong yes -- Tony
starting point: Lens + basic data structures & type-classes [Identity, Const, Functor, Applicative, Traverse, Profunctor, Strong, Choice]
Task or IO or ?
- IO not in base (too experimental -- into base once decided?)
- Free is in base
- Brian's opinion valuable here
transformers separated out, or in lens (core)?
monocle found that van laarhoven representation is slow
- Why exactly is it slow? What's the best compromise?
- composing the values has performance problem
the future of NonDeterminism
policy on code conventions and rules
- e.g. variance (Liskov is absolutely necessary)
ICFP in Japan? ❤Kenji❤ will be there
How to do IO/Task, defer until Brian is available.
Take care splitting out into different modules (jars)
- Can lead to paralysis.
- My opinion is: split only based on degree of compromise against Scala -- Tony
scalaz-pure: Makes no compromises; no null, no side-effects, no type-case
- Pertains to policy on code convention and rules
Scalaz hangout 20160529