Update the iLO
- Log into iLO. iLO will use DHCP to obtain a IP address.
- GoTo Administration > iLO Firmware and Upload this file https://stuff.718it.biz/hp/ilo4_270.bin
- Allow it to reboot and enjoy the HTML5 remote console!
Upgrade the Raid array to version 8+
This step requires a redhat based distro, like centos. A live distro may do although is untested.
rpm -i hp-firmware-smartarray-46a4d957a7-8.32-1.1.x86_64.rpm /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/hp-scexe-compat/CP033363.scexe
This should install and udate the RAID firmware
Put the RAID array in passthought(HBA) mode.
rpm -i hpssacli-2.40-13.0.x86_64.rpm
- Open the RAID CLI
- Delete the current raid configuration
controller slot=0 delete
- Force the controller in HBA mode
controller slot=0 modify hbamode=on forced
- Reboot and see if the disks in the hot swap bays are exposed to the OS