Tested on M2 / Silicon, Sonoma Beta (may not be required, try Ventura and report back?).
- Install Whisky
- Setup a bottle/"wine container" for Steam (or label it "FTL" if you're not using Steam).
- Install Steam if that's what you're using to install FTL.
- Install your legally owned copy of this great game.
- Use something like the Control Panel (in the Config section of your bottle in Whisky) to install Java in your bottle. Java 8 JDK worked for me, 6 could as well.
- Extract the Slipstream mod manager zip (latest is 1.9.1) into somewhere in your bottle (use "open C drive" in Whisky)
- Copy all the .zip mod files you want into Slipstream mods directory (
/modsin your slipstream extracted location). For example, if you're doing multiverse...
- To downgrade FTL for modding, Run
downgrade.batin your FTL folder (where you pasted Hyperspace resources) -- I did this through running
runGUI (location should be
C:/windows/system32/cmd.exe), and then doing
./downgrade.batin the your FTL directory.
modman_admin.exein the slipstream mod manager folder you extracted earlier.
- Patch the Multiverse mods (assets first, then data). You do not need to patch
- If FTL is installed properly, you will see
Programssection of your bottle. Star it and click it to configure. Add an environment variable (using
WINEDLLOVERRIDESwith a value of
xinput1_4=n,b;Hyperspace.dll=n,blike so in the screenshot.