Hello! Happy New Year! 🎊
This is my summary of the progress and needs that have arisen during this month in the Training area. Considering that a new year has started, in "Pending work", I will talk about some purposes that I think it would be interesting to achieve this 2023.
Last month, Alejandra Quetzalli opened a discussion with proposals to work on in the Docs area in 2023. Among these proposals, she included the education videos 💜. Thanks to this proposal some people have decided to join this year the work in the Training area and I couldn't be happier. I thank Alejandra Quetzalli, Lukasz Gornicki, Siham Tahi, Sergio Moya, Fran Méndez, Valeria Hernández, and Dameeolawuyi for their feedback and involvement in the work of this area. And to Thulie Sibanda and Florence Njeri for their involvement this new year!🌻
We continue working on the first block of educational videos. These training videos' main goal is to introduce and train users in AsyncAPI.
AsyncAPI watermark has been added to all animations.
All bugs in the animations have been reviewed and adjusted.
Work in progress:
The discussion about the videos continues in this thread.
You can take a look at them and participate in the scripts and the storyboards for the block one videos here:
Video 1: What are APIs - 🔗 Script: asyncapi/training#8 🔗 Storyboard: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1WAlxxo-neqac5hczq8sCTMYx9jqelwvZ/edit#slide=id.p1
Video 2: What kinds of API architectures exist - 🔗 Script: asyncapi/training#9 🔗 Storyboard: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1mdkh2LxOAzcB_V8Kbtq0L_qyCG1tbG-u/edit#slide=id.p1
Video 3: What is AsyncAPI - 🔗 Script: asyncapi/training#10 🔗 Storyboard: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1iQpyAtfeU7ouqyW0euyAMMMOVltcfUQ4/edit#slide=id.p1
Video 4: AsyncAPI and OpenAPI - 🔗 Script: asyncapi/training#11 🔗 Storyboard: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/19C8OZ2yM5xSjPBT8eJABIVUlzy9RAcPD/edit#slide=id.p1
Video 5: Open Governance and transparency - 🔗 Script: asyncapi/training#12 🔗 Storyboard: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1KSuUHk0l_Wy8_RmE-2CUFi1yBeAuSFwU/edit#slide=id.p1
Video 6: Working in community - 🔗 Script: asyncapi/training#14 🔗 Storyboard: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1Ju-EZtGHFG5GxFbSd9pZeZptuK1Xk6f6/edit#slide=id.p1
Work is underway to finalize the first block of videos.
Below are several tasks and objectives that I believe could be achieved in the new year:
Proposals to close the first block of videos:
- Decide whether to make a video on AsyncAPI use cases within this block (asyncapi/training#10 (comment)).
- We need feedback on the scripts now that we have all the information, including the animations. Then we can finalize the scripts.
- Update the storyboards when the scripts are completely finalized.
- Select the main content of each video to create a short version of each one.
- Search for the people who will be the speakers of the videos.
- Promote the videos through AsyncAPI's social networks once they are finished.
Proposals for the second block of videos:
- Open a discussion in the community on which would be the first area (documentation, specification, Glee...) to focus on to create the second block.
- Talk to the main responsible people working in the specific area.
- Design a plan for video contents.
- Develop scripts, animations, storyboards... Follow the structural steps of block 1.
Create the third block of videos following the steps of the previous blocks.
As you can see, a lot of work is needed in this area. Anyone who wants to join is welcome 🙂
Feel free to make any comments or suggestions to improve these updates.
See you next month! Have a nice beginning of the year! ✨