- Find your best zone
- Make sure the lenses are clean and wipe them with a microfiber cloth
- Take your time to find the best IPD setting
- Learn to adjust the headset and straps properly
- Do some testing if you wear glasses
- clean your glasses!
- make sure your eyes are not dry as that affects vision (i.e. hydration/blink more/eye drops)
- Increase texture size
- cut down on “god rays”: Settings ➜ Device ➜ Night Display
|# `adb` commands to call for capturing high-res videos on Oculus VR headsets|
|# curl https://gist.githubusercontent.com/cvan/54535a41db8a67d0370971f6e393675d/raw/c2183adf4bf0e85edc422a13599eba54e62ee473/video-setprop.sh > /tmp/oculusvr-video-setup.sh|
|# chmod +x /tmp/oculusvr-video-setup.sh|
|# Source: modified from https://github.com/MozillaReality/FirefoxReality/wiki/Tips-for-recording-videos|
Half-Life: Alyx VConsole Commands for VR Developers and Modders
Posted on April 20th, 2020. (Last updated April 21st, 2020)
This is a guide meant for VR developers and modders to use some of the VConsole commands and 2D tools for navigating Half-Life: Alyx for the purpose of modding and exploring the experiential design of this VR experience. The experience is best when experienced in VR, but there are some things that are actually easier and better to do in 2D if you're intention is to analyze how some of the maps and experiences were put together.
You need to add this to you Properties (Right Click on HL:A), and then "Set Launch Options" -console -vconsole -dev
|1. Install the embedded Android SDK and copy the file `adb` to `adb.exe` e.g:|
|cp adb adb.exe|
|2. Apply the following diff to the Oculus Integration asset.|
|3. Navigate to Oculus > OVR Build > OVR Scene Quick Preview|
Playing SteamVR games on the Oculus Quest, without owning a PC
Setting up your Virtual Machine
We'll be creating a new Virtual Machine on Microsoft's cloud platform, Azure. The VM will have a beefy GPU just like a home computer so it can be used for playing games.
- Go to [the Azure portal][azure] and sign up or log in.
- If you are on a Free account, first go to Subscriptions and upgrade it to a Pay-as-you-go plan. Don't worry, you will get to keep any free credits you have. Azure's interface is a bit slow so this will take a minute.
Streaming an Android-based VR headset to your computer
Setting it up the first time
The first time you have to set it up with a cable. The Oculus Quest has a USB-C port (the one used for charging). Use this to connect to your computer.
Preparing your Oculus Quest
Your Quest needs to be in Developer mode. This is super easy, just open your companion app on your phone and go to Settings and enable Developer