TodGru's Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Trail Bar
Fluid: 1/4 cup honey 258 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips 240 1/2 cup butter (one stick) 800 10 oz minature marshmallows 1000 1 cup peanuts (ground) 854 1 tsp vanilla Dry: 1/2 tsp salt 1 cup quick oats 166 4 cup kellog rice krispies 416 TOTAL CALORIE COUNT: 3734 each per dozen: 311
- In a 4 quart pan on low heat, melt butter, chocolate chips, marshmallows, honey and peanut butter.
- Use the butter stick paper to grease 9 x 13 inch casserole dish.
- Add vanilla and salt when all is melted.
- 1/4 cup at a time, slowly and thoroughly mix in dry ingredients.
- Spread as evenly as possible in casserole dish.
- Let it all cool to room temp, then store covered in the fridge.
On the trail, these treats hold up OK. I keep them wrapped securly in a plastic bag, deep in my pack.
At home, add more honey or chocolate chips for easier mixing of the dry ingredients.
Drink plenty of water with these gooey treats.